Friday, March 20, 2009

A day of many emotions ...

Oh, how should I start this? I awoke this morning feeling very anxious ... I had so much to do in one day, so much on my mind, and just needed to get through the day. Not that it would all be over at the end, but since I'm leaving on vacation, just trying to get through the day and at the end be ready to enjoy. Wish I could have ran this morning to unwind, but that was a no go as I had so much to do I was at my desk a little after 7.

So, first ... Big day at work, but isn't it always when you're leaving for vaca. For some reason I seem to think that "my" world at work can't go on without me. Pretty egotistical, eh? I was in and out a couple of times making the day go by in a flash. Through all the rushing around was glad I took a moment to have lunch with a friend, which made me stop and relax for a bit. All was good in the end and left feeling like I left my desk clean with almost no loose ends. When I got up from my desk I realized I was the only one left ... not unusual if you work late on a Friday. Out with the lights, set the alarm, out the back door.

So, second ... backing up slightly, disappointment yet again with my son. Had this pit in the bottom of my stomach from the moment I awoke that plans would not unfold as they should and they didn't ... not much to be said ... should be used to it by now.

So, third ... had to make phone calls to the fam before I leave on vaca. Call to my sister was good, as it almost always is. Call to the folks ... yeah.

So, fourth ... had to say goodbye to one of my best friends. She is moving to Tampa while I'm on vaca. I spent Monday night with her, but tonight was the true goodbye. Really tough because you don't have that many true friends in life and she was one ... really, really going to miss her. Really.

So, fifth ... with all of that, still REALLY stoked to go on vaca!!!! In dire need of a week of relaxation. No work, no school, no kids, no boys, no cell phone, no computer. None of it. A week of me and my best girl. I can't think of any way I would rather spend my vaca.

Yeah, that should about cover it ... and I'm off ...

No comments: