Sunday, October 10, 2010

Tumbledown

I went hiking again. So much fun! This time it was a little more challenging though. I headed to Tumbledown and hiked up Loop Trail and down Brook Trail. I had some issues heading up Loop as it is very steep and I am afraid of heights. I realized very quickly there was NO way I could go back down that trail. I made it to the top only to almost get blown off the mountain by some really strong winds. I didn't get to spend as much time at the top as I wanted. The hike down Brook was really easy. Then I had about a 1.25 mile walk back to my car. All in all it took 3 hours.

I really want to hike this again, when it's not windy, and not by myself next time. I would love to hike up there and pitch a tent by the pond during the summer!

I didn't take as many pics as last weekend, but here they are ...

I took this because I couldn't believe how big this rock was!


It was really wet. I tried to be careful, but ... oops! Good thing my hikers are waterproof.


That's where I'm headed.


The trail was mostly rocks. Lots and lots of rocks.


Again, the views were great.


I'm so glad I didn't have to run a half marathon today!

No comments: