Thursday, March 22, 2012

How did I get here and how fast can I get out?

Being out of shape and carrying more weight than I know I should is a tough spot to be for me.  I just don't feel myself.


I have a few excuses that are legit for me not working out.  1) Injury.  2) Being sick.  3) Stress.  (Is stress really a legit excuse? I say yes.)  Unfortunately, that was only part of the reason.  I take full responsibility for not keeping my diet in check during this phase and also having several days of turning off the alarm and going back to bed or packing my gym bag to go after work and then not going.  

Well, no matter how it happened, I'm here.  And I don't like it.  I want to click my heels and instantly lose weight and be back in shape.  I want instant gratification! 

I'm giving myself 30 seconds to whine.  Ready go....  I hate the way I look right now.  I hate the way I feel right now.  I can feel the 10 lbs when I run.  I am slow slow slow.  How did I ever run a marathon?  I feel like I'm starting over.  UGH!!!!  Okay, times up....


My mother always taught me to see the positive in everything, so let's look at the upside. 
  • I can run today!  I'm not injured anymore. 
  • My body is completely rested.  I have no aches or pains anywhere. 
  • I am coming back into it during the best possible weather, no snow or ice to deal with. 
  • I still have at least 8-10 weeks before anyone will have to see me in a swimsuit (outside of lap swimming that is, and that doesn't count).
  • My motivation is coming back.
  • I have no place to go but up. 
  • I am ready to have fun doing this.


Slow and steady, the journey has begun. 






No comments: